After BJP national president Jagat Prakash Nadda accused the Mamata Banerjee government of “divide and rule” policy during his public address in Siliguri on Monday, Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Derek O’Brien issued a public statement on Twitter saying the BJP did everything to “divide and rule” India in over six years of its rule.
“The irony is not lost when the President of the BJP talks about ”divide and rule”. ”Divide and rule” is a ploy learnt from the colonial past and played out deviously every day by your party. Over the last six years, your party had done everything it can to ”divide and rule” people of this great nation,” Derek O”Brien said in a statement, addressed to Mr Nadda.
He said his party did a fact check of Mr Nadda’s latest public address in the state and found ”gaping holes” in it.
Earlier on Monday, Mr Nadda while addressing a meeting in Siliguri said, “The current TMC government in West Bengal has employed a policy of divide-and-rule and only Prime Minister Narendra Modi has the ability to take everyone and grow together.”
- United Nations at 75 plagued by new crises and cash crunch
- Coronavirus: Clashes in Naples (Italy) over tightening restrictions
- US election 2020: How Trump has changed the world
- Sudan normalizes relations with Israel – the latest in a series of Arab League countries to do so
- Poland abortion ruling: Protests spread across the country