Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Sunday presided over a meeting of the party’s general secretaries and state in-charge where she attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government, saying the democracy was passing through “most difficult time”.
In a video message posted on Twitter by Congress from its official handle, Gandhi is heard saying that her party’s aim is to keep struggling for the country. “Our root mantra is to serve people. Today, the democracy is passing through its most difficult time, the voice of the victim is being suppressed.”
The Congress has been vehemently raising issues like the passage of farm bills, the alleged gang-rape and death of a Dalit girl in Uttar Pradesh’s Hathras, the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, the state of the economy and the government’s handling of it.
- United Nations at 75 plagued by new crises and cash crunch
- Coronavirus: Clashes in Naples (Italy) over tightening restrictions
- US election 2020: How Trump has changed the world
- Sudan normalizes relations with Israel – the latest in a series of Arab League countries to do so
- Poland abortion ruling: Protests spread across the country