BJP Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy was on Saturday “surprised” after no one for the government gave a reply to Chinese President Xi Jinping’s ‘war’ cry.
Jinping had earlier instructed Chinese troops to “put their minds and energy on preparing for war“. Reportedly, he also told the soldiers to “maintain a state of high alert” and called on them to be “absolutely loyal, absolutely pure, and absolutely reliable”. This comes amid tension between the two armies along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
On Tuesday, Xi Jinping visited a military base in the southern province of Guangdong. As per a report, the purpose of Xi’s visit to Guangdong was to deliver a speech to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone, which played a vital role in helping China’s economy become the second-largest in the world.
- United Nations at 75 plagued by new crises and cash crunch
- Coronavirus: Clashes in Naples (Italy) over tightening restrictions
- US election 2020: How Trump has changed the world
- Sudan normalizes relations with Israel – the latest in a series of Arab League countries to do so
- Poland abortion ruling: Protests spread across the country