The National Testing Agency (NTA) declared the results of National Entrance cum Eligibility Test, NEET 2020 on Friday on to the official website. This year, Odisha’s Soyeb Aftab topped the NEET 2020 examination with a perfect score of 720. As per reports, Akansha Singh from Delhi also scored 720 out of 720 marks in NEET, but lost the top rank to Soyeb Aftab due to her younger age.
Factors such as age, subject-wise marks and number of incorrect answers are taken into account in the tie-breaking policy. “Soyeb Aftab of Odisha and Akansha Singh of Delhi have both scored perfect 720 score in the NEET examination. However, as Aftab is older, he has been ranked at the top in the national ranking,” an official told PTI.
The ranking of the candidate for the NEET exam is initially determined based on the scores obtained in Biology and Chemistry.
Following these, in cases where the candidates cannot be shortlisted using the scores obtained in the examination, candidates are further shortlisted taking into consideration the number of answers that are incorrect, following which they are then shortlisted depending on their age. The elder one gets the preference, the official added, according to PTI.
- United Nations at 75 plagued by new crises and cash crunch
- Coronavirus: Clashes in Naples (Italy) over tightening restrictions
- US election 2020: How Trump has changed the world
- Sudan normalizes relations with Israel – the latest in a series of Arab League countries to do so
- Poland abortion ruling: Protests spread across the country