A traffic policeman was dragged on the bonnet of a car for nearly 400 metres after he tried to stop the vehicle which was speeding on a busy road in Delhi. Footage from CCTV shows the cop holding on to the car before falling on the road, his legs nearly missing the wheels of the hatchback driven by the offender as other vehicles drove past him.
The incident, which took place on Monday, was reported in south Delhi’s Dhaula Kuan area.
In the video from CCTV camera, Constable Mahipal Singh is seen standing next to the hatchback, which was stopped for using a fancy number plate; he jumps on to the car the minute the driver tries to flee.
The police personnel does not let off his hold even as the offender drives zig-zag on the busy stretch near Cantonment area; he is later seen falling on the road after being driven for approximately 400 metres.
- United Nations at 75 plagued by new crises and cash crunch
- Coronavirus: Clashes in Naples (Italy) over tightening restrictions
- US election 2020: How Trump has changed the world
- Sudan normalizes relations with Israel – the latest in a series of Arab League countries to do so
- Poland abortion ruling: Protests spread across the country